Welcome to CyclePower
What is personal information?
Personal information is just that – personal. It’s all the little details about yourself that tell us who you are – like where you’re from, and what sort of business you’re doing with CyclePower. We only collect what’s reasonably necessary to assist you and run our business. Mainly we collect names, contact details, purchase records, payment details, info about use of our services, correspondence, and other info you might choose to share with us, like your interests.
Our primary purpose for collecting and holding personal information from our customers is so we can supply our products and services to you, or other purpose we disclose to you at the time we collect the information. There are various instances where we collect your details, such as:
- When you purchase products directly from us – including the online store
- When you participate in a competition, promotion, or any other activity we’ve got going on
- When you make a warranty claim on a product
- When you get in touch with any inquiries, comments or complaints
- When you browse our website. We do this by using cookies to track your activity on the site – unless you turn this off on your browser
How we use your information
We only use your personal information for the purposes for which you give it to us and for related, internal management purposes. We may need to share your details with some of our providers – like companies that provide us with IT and delivery services.
We collect your personal info to better provide you with products and services and because it helps us to know more about you. And when we know more about you, we can provide you with the best possible service.
So whether it’s learning which of our products you like or where we can improve our service, you help us to be a better business through the following:
- → Supply of products and services
- → Promote our brand – and figure out the best ways to market it (refer to Marketing)
- → Improve our products and services, as well as how we communicate with the public
- → Tailor our products, services and marketing to your individual needs
- → Manage our business as best as possible
→ We do not give information about you to anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented or
- it is required or authorised by law
We collect information through analytics about visitors to CyclePower website and about how the website is used. We may also use or disclose your personal information for CyclePower direct marketing. Typically our direct marketing is by email, telling you about our services and special offers. You can opt out of direct marketing by asking us - use the contact details below or unsubscribe in the marketing email you receive from us.
We know how important it is to keep your details secure. And that’s why we have a whole range of processes in place to protect that information, including:
- Using secure servers and other appropriate measures to protect electronic data
- Making sure only CyclePower has access to your info – using internal access policies, physical access restrictions, network structures, passwords, access tracking
- Ensuring any credit card payments to the CyclePower Store are made through a secure gateway service
Access, Correction and Complaints
You have rights to access info we hold about you – and to ask us to correct these details if they’re wrong. All you need to do is get in touch with our Privacy Officer.
You can also get in touch with them if you have any complaints about how we’ve handled your information. They’ll investigate for you – and respond in writing as quickly as possible. If you’re still not satisfied with the Privacy Officer’s response, it’s your right under the Privacy Act to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
How to contact us
Capodistria Pty Ltd
PO BOX 6881
Upper Mount Gravatt QLD 4122
This Policy covers Capodistria Pty Ltd t/a CyclePower